Entries Tagged 'Uncategorized' ↓
August 13th, 2011 — Uncategorized
Winter is coming! That means the destination wedding season is also coming. If you are planning on having a destination wedding in the Caribbean or some other warm beach destination I thought you’d be interested in these beautiful and also one of their most popular Save the Dates from Wedding Paper Divas.
Aptly called “Watercolor Wonder,” they were inspired by a cool ocean breeze and are have water color accents. Unlike many beach themed save the date cards these are a little more subtle without shells or palm trees. But the wavy aqua green and blue water color accents will give your guests a hint of the elegance and relaxing atmosphere of your destination wedding!
Another great watercolor style save the date I think is perfect for a destination wedding are these, called “On The Horizon.” This one is also a subtle beach scene of a sunset with the warm pink glow of the horizon over a calm blue ocean.
Both of these cards are very high quality and use nice and heavy 110lb textured paper and of course, WPD offers a full line of matching stationary including these also very popular wedding invitations. If you are interested in finding out more about them, just click on the images!
March 17th, 2011 — Uncategorized
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! This is everyone’s day to show their Irish Pride, even if you’re not Irish, by wearing something green, eating corn beef and cabbage, and having a green beer. But for those of you who want to show their Irish Pride all year round what better way than wearing a Celtic Design wedding ring? This style ring is getting pretty popular, but do you know the origins of the endless knot design found on these rings? Read on and you’ll be able to dazzle your friends today with your knowledge of Irish history over that green beer today.
Actually the endless knot design isn’t uniquely Celtic, in fact it can be found in third and fourth century AD Roman artwork including floor mosaics and the endless knot pattern can be found in other cultures artwork around that time too. One example is this cross found on a church in Spain.
Cruz de Santa Susana (from Wikipedia)
The pattern was found in Celtic art prior to the Christian influence around 450 AD. But, as you can clearly see the design made its way into early Christian artwork as seen in this Celtic cross and in the artwork found in the famous Book of Kells; which you can see firsthand if you visit Dublin.
- Images from Wikipedia
These date back to the 8th and 9th centuries AD, but the earliest example of the true knotted design is found in this 7th century fragment from a Gospel book found in the Durham Cathedral Library.
Earliest Celtic Pattern (from Wikipedia)
These are the same designs that you can find today in many Celtic wedding rings.
From what I’ve read, there is no evidence showing any philosophical or religious significance to the design but I kind of like the modern theory that the endless knot design is symbolic of the unending bond of love.
These two examples of Celtic wedding rings are made of Tungsten Carbide which happens to be the hardest metal alloy on the planet! They are nearly unscratchable, except by a diamond, and are unbendable. So what a great combination for a wedding ring, the endless knot on the most durable wedding ring on earth.
November 26th, 2009 — Uncategorized
Happy Thanksgiving to ALL of you!! I’m not sure if my love for all things autumn is due to the fact that I was born in the fall or because I grew up in what I consider to be the Autumn capital of the world, New England.
So this post is in honor of this glorious season.
I once made a Thanksgiving centerpiece that reminds me much of these wedding bouquets. Luckily we lived by a beautifully wooded area which was bursting in color. My little boy and I took a long walk collecting branches full of yellow, red, an orange leaves. We also found some trees with gorgeous orange berries and clipped some branches from it. I filled the bottom of the vase with cranberries (I think I got this tip from Martha) and water. It really turned out beautiful and we ended up sending it home with our guests as a gift. It is a wonderful way to keep those little guys who are home from school, and want to “help”, busy and feeling very much a part of the celebration.
If your having a fall wedding take advantage of the seasons foliage! Include the oranges, greens, and browns. I love how the color of the bridesmaid dresses above blend with the beautiful bouquets. Maybe include centerpieces with berries like the one shown here. The best part is, as I mentioned, these are not difficult to make which might save you some money!
The beautiful doorway and outdoor fall decorations: Toast and Tables
The fall wedding bouquets: The Intimate Weddings Blog
The Cranberry Vase: Martha Stewart
January 4th, 2009 — Uncategorized, Unique Ideas
Want to become a party planner? Well this is your lucky day! The amazing celebrity party planner Marley, better known as the The Party Goddess, out here in LA has started a new site and she’s here to tell you about it…
Here’s The Skinny:
I am beyond excited. I’m finally able to help budding event planners get into the business – yesterday! If you’re like me, when you make a decision to do something, you want all of the answers right this second. Well now you can get answers and a continuous flow of information on how to get into (and be the best) event planner you can be!All successful entrepreneurs have and utilize a coach or mastermind in their business planning and operations. I credit my numerous coaches and mentors who have assisted me and helped me, with the growth my business and career have experienced. Plus, add in a few kazillion dollar mistakes I’ve made along the way and you’ve got a real recipe for success. On my new site (www.HowToBeAPartyGoddess.com) I’m offering coaching and products for individuals looking to get into this field. With the economy slightly upside down, I figure it just might be a pretty decent sized audience.If you or someone you love (this sounds like a bad commercial for rehab, sorry) wants to get into event planning, CLICK HERE and sign up. Don’t worry it’s FREE. Have fun –Marley
The Party Goddess!
June 16th, 2008 — Uncategorized, Wine, Wine Labels
Looking for a classy way to personalize your wedding? Here’s an option…custom wine labels for the wine served at your reception. There’s a couple of ways I recommend you do this. Printing them out on your home computer is not one of them. Especially if you have an ink jet printer!
First option is to get custom wine labels professionally printed for you! Stoney Creek Wine Press has a great selection of wine labels for most occasions or you can submit your own design. Their wine labels are waterproof and scratch resistant. But of course you have the problem of removing the old labels and having to apply the labels yourself.
Second option is to buy the bottles with the label already applied. We have partnered up with a company called Custom Wine Source to provide this option! They offer a variety of wine options, you pick the basic wine label design to match your occasion, then you customize it, and that’s it! You can also submit your own design if you want. This is by far the easiest option and will probably result in the most professional looking.
Check them out to see what will work best for you!
May 17th, 2008 — Uncategorized
For those of you who didn’t win during the Great Wedding Memory Giveaway a couple of weeks ago, you have another chance!
Go checkout the contest over at White Box! Good luck! They make a great gift for your wedding party!
May 13th, 2008 — Uncategorized
Many of you want your wedding rings engraved with something like your wedding date or a short meaningful phrase. Well, now theres a company that has patented the ability to engrave your entire wedding vows on the inside of your wedding ring!
A company called WeddingVowRings.com has developed the ability to engrave multiple lines of text on the inside of your wedding rings. You have the choice of either buying one of their rings or you can send them rings to get engraved. You can also have bible verses or any other text engraved on your ring.
I think it will be nice to be able to look at your ring after the years go by to be reminded of your vows.
Check them out!
November 28th, 2007 — Uncategorized
I love soft, thick, and plush cotton towels, robes, etc. When picking them out I have to get the best ones I can find! Well, one of the benefits of blogging is you sometimes get product samples from different vendors and the folks over at MicroCotton sent me some hand towels and some info about their product.
If you are interested in having towels on your gift registry you might want to check these out. Up until last month, MicroCotton towels were only available to luxury hotels but are now available through some retail stores.
Here’s some info about them. Obviously, they are 100% cotton. They absorb three times more moisture by weight than the average towel. Personally, I can say they are one of the softest towels I’ve seen.
They come in bath sheets, bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths, bath robes, bath rugs & mats.
MicroCotton products are available at Macy’s, Bed Bath and Beyond, Dillards, and Belk.
Check them out!
November 26th, 2007 — Uncategorized
Oprah announced her favorite things for 2007 a few days ago! If you weren’t lucky enough to be in the audience and get all this stuff for free, keep reading. Want to know what Oprah’s favorite things are and where you can get them? Well you are at the right place! Here are links to every one of Oprah’s Favorite Things for 2007!
1. Samsung SC-HMX10 8GB Flash Memory High Definition Camcorder with 10x Optical Zoom (SDHC compatible): Oprah said it’s “fantastic” and easy to use!
2. Women’s Classic Crochet Tall UGG Boots: Oprah says her “feet can’t live without” it.
3. Toywatch Watches: Evidently these are the latest rage! Worn by the likes of Madonna to Al Gore and of course Oprah.
4. PERFECT ENDINGS CUPCAKES FROM WILLIAMS-SONOMA: Made by Sam Godfrey, the man behind Oprah’s 400-pound 50th birthday cake. They can be shipped to all 50 states. They come in three flavors: red velvet with white icing, chocolate with chocolate sprinkles and coconut. Oprah’s favorite is cocout.
5. MELAMINE BOWLS, MEASURING CUPS AND SPOONS FROM WILLIAMS-SONOMA: Come in a rainbow of colors have no-spill spouts, and no slip rubber rings on the bottom!
6. KitchenAid Artisan 5-qt. Stand Mixer: According to Oprah, this is the favorite of cooking superstars like Paula Dean, Emeril Lagasse and Oprah’s own Art Smith. Comes in a variety of colors too!
7. The Discovery Channel’s Planet Earth DVD Set: Oprah said its, “the most magnificent series you will lay your eyes on,” the “most awe inspiring” moments caught on film.
8. Kai Body Buffer and Kai Body Butter – 6.4 oz (SHIPPING DEC. 14TH): Oprah said it’s “clean and fresh” and the body buffer combines an exfoliating loofah and cleansing soap all in one.
9. Clarisonic Skin Care Brush System: Oprah calls it a miracle massage for your face and said it removes 6 times more makeup than soap and water!
10. Claus Porto Soaps: Oprah recommends them as “great hostess gifts.” Check them out! Claus Porto Gift Box – Banho, Lysia and Condessa
11. The Pillars of the Earth (Deluxe Edition) (Oprah’s Book Club): Oprah recommends this as “the book to give for the holidays.”
12. Breville SG820XL Maxi 2-in-1 Panini Press: This is what Oprah uses to make her “love sandwich” for Stedman, so it’s got to be good!
13. HDTV REFRIGERATOR WITH WEATHER AND INFO CENTER FROM LG ELECTRONICS: This thing is insane! To see this $3,800 refrigerator checkout the link!
14. CIAO BELLA BLOOD ORANGE SORBETTO: Oprah says “it’s just so refreshing.” Checkout their website to find out if it’s sold near you!
15. RACHEL PALLY SWING TURTLENECK AND SAILOR PANTS: These are what Oprah puts on when she wants to slip into something more comfortable.
16. PREMIER WOOD SCRABBLE CROSSWORD GAME – LUXURY EDITION WITH ROTATING BOARD: This is what Stedman gave Oprah on Valentine’s Day. She loved it so much she had to share!
17. UA 90th Anniversary Prestige Collection (90 Titles): This one is for the ultimate movie buff. Contains 90 DVDs of UA’s most popular films.
18. Shaklee Get Clean Starter Kit: Filled with eco-friendly high-performance concentrated cleaners and stain removers.
19. O’s Guide to Life: The Best of O, the Oprah Magazine (The Oprah Magazine): A compilation of over 100 of Oprah’s favorite articles from The Oprah Magazine!
20. JOSH GROBAN’S Noel CD: Oprah said “it’s the one Christmas CD every family should have.”
November 25th, 2007 — Uncategorized
It’s Cyber Monday! For those of you who have been camping out in front of your computer waiting for the clock to strike 12, let me make your life a little easier.
Here are some links to the Cyber Monday Sales that I could find.
Walmart.com is having a big Cyber Monday sale. They have a bunch of stuff on sale! I saw they have an Xbox Starter Bundle on sale too! Check it out!
Gaiam.com has some great Cyber Monday sales on ecofriendly gifts.
Here’s a link to some great discounts on jewelry at Ice.com!
ICE.com CYBER MONDAY SPECIAL – Valid from Nov.23.07 to Nov.30.07
Mondera.com is running a 15% off Cyber Monday Sale. Use Coupon Code: WSJEW
Checkout the Cyber Monday sales at Montgomery Wards:
After Thanksgiving Sale at Montgomery Ward
(1) on sale: holiday decor
(2) 20% off all watches
(3) free shipping on family jewelry
(4) 20% off all jackets/outerwear
(5) free shipping on select electronics
Looking for some wine gifts? Here’s some Cyber Monday sale info for MyWinesDirect.com:
CYBMON – $15 off every order of $125 or more.
Here’s a bunch of great Cyber Monday deals on personalized gifts from Things Remembered!
See all of Things Remembered’s Thanksgiving Offers! Valid through Nov 26th!