Entries Tagged 'Blogosphere' ↓
April 12th, 2010 — Blogosphere, Wedding
We have some big news here at Our Wedding Plus today! We just launched our Wedding Vendor Directory! We hope to make this the most comprehensive directory of wedding vendors on the web. It is broken down into numerous categories that will help you find the vendors you need and there’s an advanced search option that allows you to conduct Zip Code radius searches to find vendors near you!
If you are a wedding vendor of any kind, please be sure to check us out! We are offering very low prices for listings, including Free if you provide a reciprocal link to OurWeddingPlus.com. The links from our listings are search engine friendly too! You may have seen other sites that are similar that charge hundreds if not over a thousand dollars per year to be listed.
Without a reciprocal link, a basic listing is currently only $10/year and a premium listing is only $20/year. The Premium Listing allows the upload of a logo and images. It also includes more space for a description of your company and inclusion in the Featured Listings Box which appears on all pages of the directory.
We put together a pretty advanced site that is visually appealing and very easy to use. We’d love to get your feedback and include you in our directory!
Oh yeah, we have a category dedicated to Wedding Bloggers! So bloggers if you’d like to be listed in our Wedding Blogs category come sign up! Once you do, I’ll let you know how you can get a free upgrade to a Premium Listing!
So hope you have a chance to check out our new directory!
May 7th, 2008 — Blogosphere
There’s a lot of wedding resources on the web. The great thing about blogs is you typically get some unbiased information along with some interaction from real brides like yourselves. You can get some information from other brides who are going through the same process you are! So, it is with great pleasure that I can introduce you to another new wedding blog! This one is from the folks over at Brides.com called Wedded Bits. I browsed around there today and they have some great info to help you plan your wedding along with some celebrity wedding news. Check it out!
April 24th, 2008 — Blogosphere
Boy, this week went by fast! It’s already time for the Top-5 Wedding Blog Posts of the Week! Another great line-up but first I want to let you know I’ll be running my first-ever contest very soon! This is going to be a pretty big one with prizes worth over $800! All you other bloggers out there, hope you don’t mind but I’m going to ask for your help in picking the winner. If you want to be involved leave me a comment. Don’t worry it won’t take much of your time. So now let’s get on with this weeks Top-5!
1. I liked this post because of the cool wedding theme and design elements Miss Flamingo over at Weddingbee chose. I also like how she’s working her theme into her wedding. In this post she’s working on seating cards or place cards. Checkout “Where do I Sit?”
2. Liene over at Blue Orchid had a great guest blogger this week. Kelly Ashworth of Kelly Ashworth Design gave her “do’s” and “don’ts” of having a stress free wedding taken from her own experience from her recent wedding. Checkout “Be Our Guest: Create a Stress Free Wedding.”
3. In honor of Earth Day, snippet & ink had an beautiful earth friendly inspiration board along with a list of 10 ways you can go green with your wedding! Checkout “Board #192: Earth Friendly #3, Garden Charm.”
4. Continuing on the green theme, do you want to do something really unique for your honeymoon? I’m not talking about your standard beach resort. Then checkout Thryn’s post over at wedlog, “Ten Green Getaways.”
5. Last but not least, here’s a question for you…do you think the groom is being left out of the bridal registry? Do you think the standard registry is to girly? Checkout Never teh Bride’s post over at Manalo for the Brides “Strong Enough for a Man, but Made for a Groom” and see what you think!
That’s it for this week. Get ready for the big contest. If you haven’t signed up for our newsletter we will announce it there too, in case you miss it on the blog. Sign-up through the link to your right!
April 17th, 2008 — Blogosphere
Hi everyone! Hope you had a great week! We have a good lineup this week for your reading pleasure. So get your coffee, sit back and enjoy. Let me know what you think of this week’s top 5 and if you found any great posts that you think need to be highlighted.
1. Style Me Pretty had a unique week, actually it was unique wedding week over at Style Me Pretty! If you are looking for inspiration or you want to see something different. Head on over to Style Me Pretty and check out all the great posts this week!
2. Are going to have a rehearsal dinner? Are you going to have a rehearsal? If you’re not going to have a rehearsal should you have a rehearsal dinner? Well find out what you should do over at Always a Bridesmaid in the post “A No Rehearsal Dinner.”
3. Are you attempting to do your invitations? Well it may be harder than you think! I recommend you checkout Miss Purple’s Diary of Destination Wedding Drama post “Ding don’t, the witch is dead, er I mean the invites are done” for a bunch of great detailed tips that may save you some pain!
4. Okay, this one may be more for your guests if you decide not to send a response card with your invitations. But what are they to do anyway if you decide to do such a crazy thing? There actually is proper etiquette for this situation. If you want to know what it is checkout Event Ethos’ post “Q&A – No Reply Card.”
5. Finally, if you are getting ready to send out those invitations with or without response cards and you want to address your envelopes properly checkout Lucky Orchid Wedding’s great post “Envelope Addressing Tips.”
That’s it for this week! See you next week!
April 10th, 2008 — Blogosphere
It’s time once again for you to kick back and relax. No need to scour the many wedding blogs out there to find good posts because I did it for you! We have a good line-up this week, hope you like them! Checkout the
Top-5 make that Top 6 wedding blog posts of the week! There was just too many good posts out there this week!
- Here’s a tough topic every couple faces, paring down the guest list. It you are struggling with the dilemma of who will get the cut, then checkout this great post called Determining Your Guest-List, by Liene’s post at Blue Orchid Designs.
- Another topic that takes a lot of time a creativity is figuring out how your table setting should look. If this is the case with you, checkout Toast and Tables’ great post Hot New Table Setting Combos!
- This one I had to do some digging for, but it’s worth it if you like to see what great wedding photos should look like. I originally found it on perfectbound, who directed me to Decorno, who directed me to Top Knots round-up of this years best wedding photos. Check them out!
- Need some escort card inspiration? Well there’s a slide show of almost 60 unique escort card ideas over at iMatrimony. Check out Escort Card Ideas!
- Now we all know you want to look good on your wedding day. How bad do you want to look good? The folks at bridalwave wanted to find out too so they are running a poll. Checkout Poll: How Far Would You Go to Look Good on Your Big Day?
- Expect your wedding day to be busy! There’s a lot of things to get done and if you don’t schedule it out you may run into trouble. Well once again Melissa from Masterpiece Weddings is here to bail you out. She did a great guest blog this week over at the With This Ring blog called Wedding Day Timeline. Also checkout her new blog “Be a Planner” if you’re interested in becoming a Wedding Planner! Needless to say Melissa is a very busy lady!
Have a great weekend!
April 3rd, 2008 — Blogosphere
It’s that time again! Here are the Top-5 Wedding Blog Posts of the Week! We had a great line-up this week! Hope you enjoy!
1. Do you take your wedding vendors for granted? I hope not! Saundra over at planning…forever is running a great series this week called “Love Your Wedding Vendors.” Find out what wedding vendors do week-in and week- out to make your wedding special and find out some behind the scenes info over at planner…forever!
2. Assigning seats is always a tough topic but I’m not sure if this post really helps. But, it is at least entertaining and might give you some things to think about! Some of the ideas are pretty good. It’s worth a watch. Checkout Assigned Seats over at Earth Friendly Weddings.
3. Trying to choose a font for your wedding invitations? diybride came through for you this week! Checkout her post “Ten Free Fonts that’ll Rock Your Invites” They were chosen on several factors that will ensure your invitations will rock!
4. On a similar topic do you want calligraphy on your envelopes? Why bother hiring a calligrapher when you can just have your computer print the calligraphy for you? Well, checkout this great article, “The Charm of Hand Lettered Calligraphy,” from Lucky Orchid Wedding.
5. Want to see what a good wedding planner can do for you? If you are debating whether to hire a wedding planner check out “Even a Landslide Won’t Stop This Wedding” over at Life Design Events. I found this post via Affairs with Elegance.
Check back in next week for some great posts. I have a unique guest blogger lined up! I’m also going to pass on some interesting info from A Soolip Wedding!
March 20th, 2008 — Blogosphere
Happy Good Friday, and indeed it is a good Friday because it’s time for the Top 5 Wedding Blog Posts of the Week! Another great lineup this week.
1. I’m starting off with one of the coolest cakes I’ve seen, pictured here. This is a wedding rehearsal dinner cake made by Pink Cake Box. This cake covers both careers of the couple, she’s a make-up artist and he’s an electrician, check out the contents. For more info check out the Pink Cake Box Blog Post about it!
2. Perfect bound had a great post this week with tips about getting ready on your wedding day. She’s sharing some tips that she got from Bubble & Lo and I must say they are good. These are things you would normally learn the hard way. So benefit from this great advice, check out the post bubble & lo!
3. Like I wrote a few weeks ago, money and marriage sometimes don’t mix. Well, Leslie over at Decidedly Uncomplicated has had some experience with couples facing financial issues while planning their wedding and has seen how trouble can be stirred by others. Check out It’s always about money and get some advice how to avoid trouble.
4. Are you looking into hiring a wedding planner? Affairs with Elegance, a Baltimore, Maryland wedding planner’s blog, had a post this week you should checkout. Some planners out there may lack ethics and they have some advice for brides and grooms and for wedding planners! Check out Website Portfolios and Photo Galleries.
5. After the Elliot Spitzer scandal this past week, Bridezilla raises some good questions. Has modern weddings really evolved? Is marriage going to stifle your life? Checkout Domestic Policy: Are Dreams the New Dowry? It will make you think!
So that’s it for this week! Let me know if you found any good blog posts you’d like to share. Have a great Easter weekend!
March 13th, 2008 — Blogosphere
We had another great out there on the wedding blogs! Here the best I could find this week, at least the Top 5. Let me know what you think or if you found some posts that deserve mention.
1. So, when you send out your invitations that end in “and guest” do you care who that guest is? Well if you do or if you are just interested in the etiquette of this situation, check out “Invitation Etiquette: And guest means any guest”
2. I admit I’m a little biased on this post. Miss Penguin over at Weddingbee found some inspiration in one of my posts about paper lanterns from several months ago and posted about it, check out Paper Lantern Inspiration over at Weddingbee.
3. Melissa, you made it again. I’m also biased here because Melissa is a great wedding blogger and puts a lot of effort in posting very useful and interesting info. This post is about the Jewish tradition of having a Ketubah or a marriage contract. Check out Marriage Contract.
4. Here’s a post about wedding candy bars, something my guest blogger, The Party Goddess wrote about a couple of weeks ago. If you are interested in putting one of these together for you reception then I recommend you check out Polka Dot Bride’s post ABC of Weddings: L is for Lolly Buffet. It’s a very detailed post about how to put together a candy bar for your wedding!
5. Finally, my favorite topic, Wedding Cakes! The Wedding Fairy over at Don’t be that Bride gave us some things to think about when picking out that wedding cake. Check out The Tasting: You Got Served (Part III). That’s it for this week! Hope you have a great weekend!
March 7th, 2008 — Blogosphere
I got a great Top-5 this week. Found a couple of new sites to share and some great ideas! So sit back relax and enjoy this week’s Top 5!
- Need some inspiration for thos DIY projects? Well there’s no better place for inspiration than Style Me Pretty! Abby had a couple for great posts this week called Do-it-Yourself Projects by Matthew Mead. Checkout part 1 and part 2.
- Blue Orchid made it to the Top 5 two weeks in a row! Liene had a great post about something that can be easily overlooked. How you’re your vendors dressing for your event? Might want to square this away ahead of time! Checkout “vendor dress code.”
- Do you and your fiancé agree on this? It’s actually more common than you would think. Do you think this is something you can live with long term? Do you think resentment might rear it’s ugly head a few years down the road? What am I talking about? Check out Post Secret over at a new blog, Wed2010. (How did I find this blog? Sarah commented on one of my posts! So make sure you leave some comments!
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s is not only a popular movie it was also made a little more popular last summer with the Martha Stewart wedding aton the Today show. The Pink Cake Box made a fabulous Tiffany’s themed cupcake tower to go with a Breakfast a Tiffany’s bidal shower. Checkout the pictures here, “Bridal Shower Tiffany Cupcake Tower”
- And finally another great wedding planning resource has made its debut! The fantastic Jasmine Star, along with some of her friends have started a wedding planning blog. Jasmine is one of the best wedding photographers in Southern California, has her own very popular and beautiful blog, and I was lucky enough to have her guest blog for me a few times last year. Checkout her latest post “Choosing the Best Engagement Shooting Location.”
That’s it for this week. Remember to leave those comments if you have some other blogs I need to recognize!
February 28th, 2008 — Blogosphere
Happy Friday everyone! It’s time for the Top 5 Wedding Blog Posts of the Week! I scoured the blogosphere in search of the best, most useful posts out there. So get your cup of coffee and prepare to learn some new wedding planning information!
- First off let’s find out how to stay healthy for your big day. Weddings and wedding planning can be stressful so here are 25 helpful tips that should keep you healthy for your wedding day. Check out “The Pre-Wedding Health Guide: 25 Things Every Bride Should Do To Stay Healthy Before the Big Day” on a new blog called LiveSmarter!
- Getting ready to order your invitations? Well there’s some etiquette rules regarding the wording of those invitations that you might want to be aware of. So I recommend you checkout Liene’s post over at Blue Orchid Designs called “wedding etiquette: honor vs. pleasure.”
- Looking for inspiration? Then I found a great source for you over at Junebug Weddings! Junebug Weddings announced this week that it started a flickr site for wedding inspiration. There’s a bunch of pictures, broken down into categories to make it easy to search through. Checkout the post “Flickr Inspiration Galleries – Save-the-Dates.”
- Here’s a nice short one but it’s a great tip so I thought I’d include it. Want to make sure you are hiring the right photographer or videographer. Checkout Anne Chertoff’s From I Will to I Do blog, specifically the post “Random Wedding Planning Tip.”
- Does your maid of honor need direction? The maid of honor is typically responsible for certain things. If you want to know what those things are checkout the Aisledash post “Maid of Honor Duties.”
So what did you think of that? Please suggest new blogs if I’ve been overlooking them!
See you Monday with a great guest blogger!